Interesting Review Regarding Psychedelics Potential For Addiction Treatment
• Psilocybin may reduce alcohol and tobacco use in addicted samples.
• Ibogaine and ayahuasca have shown promise in the treatment of various addictions through observational studies.
• Ketamine has been used to treat alcohol dependence and reduces cocaine self-administration in the human laboratory.
• Randomised controlled trials are greatly needed to further test the efficacy of all of these compounds.
• Psychedelic drugs may have their therapeutic qualities due to anti-depressant effects, stimulating neuroplasticity and long-term psychological changes.
Full Review Readable @ http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352154616302340